Hello!

The last year has been extremely hectic and very eventful, to say the least. I had my fair share of struggles, had snippets of fun, fell in love (And HOW) and changed directions slightly, from what I had originally expected. In many ways, it was a year of learning and a year that taught me humility.

From living in London, I am back to living in Calcutta. London was great and a fantastic experience and who knows, I may even go back at some point but for the next couple of months at least, I'm based here. I'm part of a really cool and exciting research project and I love the professor that I'm working with. Like I've mentioned earlier in this blog, I hope to do something public policy related.

As far as  writing is concerned, I haven't written anything that I submitted for publication in a year- except for the Tehelka piece I put up and another Chicken Soup story, this time it's one about my brother. I've decided to write one for every single person I love so yes, I am cheesylikethat. 

Today, I go back to writing a rather serious piece- one that I've been thinking about for quite a while. I hope this year is the year that I really improve my writing skills and craft well told tales. I'm also working on a couple of fellowship/ internship applications, ones that will propel me towards a career in public policy.

What have you guys been upto?

Comments