Remembering

A large chunk of my dissertation has to do with memory and how people and societies remember.  So I have been grappling with these concepts a lot, lately.My elder brother's best friend came over today and we were discussing incidents and events and we realised that we remembered the same events rather differently. This made me think about all the people I have shared spaces with-some of whom I don't see anymore, some of whom I am not in touch with and I wonder if they remember things the same way I do. Chances are, they don't.

For instance, some of the things that were said were absolutely revelatory and even amusing. Maybe we should all write/ share our own versions of stories and discuss it with our friends and family to see who remembers what, and how. It could be interesting.

Comments