I watched a rather horrid film the other day. It is called A Little Bit of Heaven. Even though I was really really put off from the second scene itself, I watched the entire film. The reason for this can be attributed to one man and one man alone- Gael Garcia Bernal. What I don't understand is this- why a man as articulate, as intelligent ( and let me not even BEGIN on how beautiful the man is- and not in a plasticky hollywoody Tom-cruise Brad-Pitt way,  both of whom by the way I do not find the least bit attractive) do films like Letters to Juliet and A little bit of heaven?*
The fact that he has done films like Amores Perros, The Motorcycle Diaries, Y Tu Mama Tambien and Babel, has made it so much easier for me to ogle him and like him and actually WATCH and appreciate the films. And now this! Senor Bernal, the fact that you're in it will make me watch the worst films. So please pick your roles carefully, so I don't have to go through the torture of having to watch horrendous films like A Little Bit of Heaven again.


* I am not going on a tirade against chick flicks. But there *is* such a thing called good films and bad films.



Comments