Updates

First publication in a book- That, after a year of not writing anything at all. I'm still working on my dissertation but it's been too long and I do not wish to sever ties with  something I really enjoy doing. Obviously a lot more relaxed than before, but my head is brimming with ideas and I am absolutely raring to go. Over the last year, I have learnt so much and it is time to implement all the learning and also experiment, play with words and language and ideas, and see where it takes me. I've also decided to start painting again- not writing, painting, playing a musical instrument makes me fidgety and irritable and an all-round  jumpy person.

I also met a very inspiring person- I'm not sure if said entity is aware and maybe I should tell them at some point, but in some ways the last year has been a pretty low year for me in many ways. I hope I can come out of the entire experience stronger and better. I think I also have enough distance from it to acknowledge that I succumbed to lack of  self belief . 

All of this said, I must thank my support system. You know who you are- especially the one person who went through a whole lot of it with me. You should know that no matter what we go through in life, the ups and the downs, the one third thing really helped ( lame, I know) and you were really there for me when I needed you. In fact, were it not for you I don't know how I would have found the strength within myself to brush myself and stand back up. I know I've been extremely difficult in every possible way and you've been like a rock. Thanks for being my friend  despite everything else. That's what I truly cherish.

Comments