Lessons learnt and updates

Note to self
It's ok to be idealistic, but it's absolutely Not ok to use that as an excuse to be lazy.

I have a ton of reading to do and like I said before, being a hypernerd for me, is inevitable at this point in my life. That isn't to say that I'm not having fun or making friends- I am. But there are a few things I want to say here, so I can hold myself accountable for them later on :

1. No matter how difficult it gets, I'm not going to stop writing and publishing things on the side.*
2. I'm signing up for volunteering next Saturday and it's something I want to do longterm. And when I say longterm, I mean the rest of my life. There are a few causes I feel strongly about and while I think writing about it and advocacy in general is crucial for changing the way things work, to put it simplistically, I think it's time I committed to something longterm.   I will write about it here when I start work.
3. I've decided to do a Phd. I won't do it immediately- I'll work for a couple of years first, but I want to be an anthropologist on the field.


**I also have some very exciting news to share, but it'll have to wait for the moment. I don't want to jinx it.

Comments