Harish Iyer is running the Mumbai Marathon

My friend Harish is running the Mumbai Marathon in order to fight against Child Sexual abuse. Harish himself has been abused as a child.

This has been copypasted from an email. Do spread the word through twitter, facebook or your own blogs

"I was seven years old when it started. I was at a relative's home. As always, he wanted to give me a bath. He soaped me to a rich lather and suddenly started playing with my penis. I didn't know how to react, but didn't mind it. I think it felt nice, though weird. He asked me to do the same to him and I obliged."


– Harish Iyer, adult survivor of child sexual abuse.

Children easily trust adults and do not understand that such behaviour is not alright. ARPAN, an NGO in Mumbai teaches children differences between safe and unsafe touches and that it’s not alright for someone to touch, look at or talk about private body parts except to keep them clean and healthy. Arpan has taught over a 1000 children, skills to protect themselves from sexual abuse and need your support to reach out to thousands of more children, including yours.

Harish is running for ARPAN in the Mumbai Marathon on 17th January, 2010 to support Arpan's work on preventing child sexual abuse and healing it’s ill effects.

Help him raise funds for ARPAN.

Funds collected so far – Rs. 21,100/- Target amount – Rs. 1,01,000/-

Donate now.

To pay online click here.

http://www.unitedwaymumbai.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=146&popup=1&template_id=42

(if you are tweeting the link you could use the url www.bit.ly/HopeRuns )


To pay via cheque, please send cheque in the name of ‘United Way of Mumbai’ to

ARPAN @

Unit 24, 2nd flr, 105, Apollo Street, Mumbai Samachar Marg, Mumbai – 23.

To know more about ARPAN visit http://www.arpan.org.in/

Comments